Friday, February 1, 2013

The Book of Mormon is Rad

Saturday Jan 26th

Super crazy busy.  The learning is so amazingly quick yet super discouraging for some Elders.  I'm excited that Elder Westbrook and I taught a 20 minute lesson in Korean and committed her to read Alma 5!  We teach Koo-me Yun to pray on Monday.  It is truly wonderful.  I love my companion. he is a football playing BYU freshman from Alpine but he doesn't know Scott.  We are working hard and learning fast.

Some people are discouraged that they aren't fluent yet, but really...  It's been 4 days.  And they really are discouraged. But they will figure it out soon.  We told our investigator that the Bible was good but the Book of Mormon [Korean words] is radical on accident. Some confusion ensued which we were unable to clear up.  Next lesson! Always next lesson! Lights out comes too quickly. I love you all.

Sunday Jan 27th

It was a wonderful Sunday.  It's so jam-packed compared to the relaxed lifestyle of this Bellingham ski bum, but it's really helping me grow.  Priesthood was awesome.  I learned some simple truths from D&C 10:67-68. So true.  Sacrament meeting was good though singing in Korean is still sketchy.

The talks were on the power of the [Korean words] Book of Mormon.  Studied/talked to Elders Bingham and Hale. I really like everyone in my district.

Today was interesting.  Waking up is way hard and then every night is like you miss the day. Time moves slow and fast.  We did service this morning and scored tons of free hangers, detergent, and Altoids.  Cleaning toilets and sinks! Thanks for teaching me how, Momma! we taught our investigator an awesome lesson today! She said she felt the spirit and committed to read more of the Book of Mormon.  Our district leader is way righteous in both senses of the word.  I wish I had more time to get to know all the Elders. They rock! It's super late (10:27) and P-Day's tomorrow. I'll send this then!

Saranghamhida! Love you all so much! Stay righteous.

Elder Mumford (peace)

Mailing address:

Julia here: Zach asked me to post his address here and on Facebook.  It's easiest for him to receive snail mail, but if it's hard for you to send a letter and you're not worried about confidentiality, you can write something in the comment section or send me an email and I'll print it and send it on! His address is:

Elder Zachary Joshua Mumford
MTC Mailbox #89
KOR-SEO 0325
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment