Friday, February 8, 2013

Elder Mumford Pleads for Mail

Jan 29 Tuesday

I'm terrible about taking time to write in my journal.  There are soooo many cool Elders. And the sisters are cool too but we don't talk to them in case it's seen as flirting and I get sent home. Tonight was devotional on companionships by L. Whitney Clayton and his wife Kathy Clayton.  It was pretty amazing.  me and Elder Westbrook were inspired to be more positive and reverent.  We have a really fun time together so it's tough to focus sometimes.

Jan 30 Wednesday

New missionaries came today! i was tempted to pretend like I knew what was going on but I was just nice and sympathetic instead.  Tim moves slow here. I've been here forever but I just checked in.  We have some hilarious jokesters in my district. Elder Bingham is a riot. I'll send pictures as soon as I have my SD card! We played basketball against him and Elder Hale today. We owned them. I made a bunch of threes! Apparently the blessings of the MTC aren't limited to just the gospel... Korean's coming along nicely. Ku Me Yun talked to us for 45 minutes today. I totally felt the spirit and her love.  We are teaching her about baptism and prayer. Also the restored gospel. It's still hilarious but better than before. I love my companion! The gospel is true. Jesus Christ is my Savior. On a less spiritual note I am wearing some awesome parachute pants. I love you and miss you!

Jan 31 Thursday

We taught Ku Me Yun her last lesson today. She turns out to be our other teacher! She's really cool.  She said we did a good job sharing our love and teaching about the Book of Mormon.

Also, it would be nice to have my existence acknowledged. The District leader has 3 packages full of food that he doesn't even want and over 30 letters. I got a laundry bag. Not to be ungrateful. The laundry bag serves its purpose well. But it would be cool if you could send me your names before I forget them.

Quote of the day: "Companionship goal: Survive" --Elder Hale

Your Unforgettable (but perhaps forgotten) Elder Mumford

Friday Feb 1st

It's FEBRUARY! I probably spelled that wrong--I write more Korean than English so it's messing with me. We are learning fast. It's super fun! Our new teacher is awesome. We are her first district so we get a lot of enthusiasm.  Our teachers are both Korean. Their humility and knowledge of the gospel and Korean astound and humble me. Sister Baek also speaks Spanish. Elder Bingham coined the term Kangrish to express her multilingual abilities.

I got the Sparx (candy I sent) today! They are gonna help SOOOO much. Love. Love. Love. Disregard my earlier juvenile monologue. It was humorous at the time though now I realize the error of my much speaking. I got Alex's letter today! It totally made my day. I bragged about his ??? to all the other Elders. I hope I get the rest [of the letters] soon. I think you have the wrong address on the letters though. Just double check.

I'm getting good at basketball! I kinda like it. Also there are tons more sister missionaries than I thought.  We have Sister Laban from new Zealand and Sister Redford from logan in our district. It's way funny to watch Elders try and talk without flirting.  I saw Cody Haas here! It was way sweet! Also there is this Elder Osgothorpe that wears the raddest ties. He's been ejected from Elder Bingham and I's best tie competition because he's just too funky fresh.

Love you tons! Brag about you every day you also get your share of embarrassing stories told. Quote of the day: "I am the most avid of hikers." --Elder Westbrook

Feb 2nd

MTC time's a real thing. Every day is a lifetime that passes you by in a second. You progress and learn so much each day it is truly a miracle. OK. Poetry time over. Since today was Saturday I got the chance to do a little more study than usual. I'm going to try and make it through D&C in the MTC. There's a lot I'm missing out on. We practiced 3 minute lessons with our comps today. Super Informative. i now have a lot more to work on. It's very inspiring.

I get enough food! I had some mediocre chicken broccoli casserole for lunch. I miss Momma's home cookin'. There's this hilarious Elder in our district named Elder Bingham. We learned his first name was Dawson and he hates being called Daws. It's so funny that we keep accidentally saying it and he gets super defensive. It's cool though, we share each other's moods all the time. We can just look at each other and laugh. Also, my companion is the greatest. He does a very good job of connecting with investigators and sharing his love. Also, he makes me laugh so hard all the time. Apparently, Koreans hold hands all the time and call each other pretty. Guys. So that's gonna take a little adjustment. My comp may not survive. He hates Kimchi and these cultural tendencies of Korea. He's great though.

D&C 10 is awesome. Especially verse 68.  I think the doctrine of Christ is faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.The basics bring us happiness.  I love it, so simple and infinitely deep. I love you all tons! I send you kisses and hugs and Korean man-hand holds. You're pretty.

Quote of the day:

"Elder what were you doing sleeping during personal study?"

"I was receiving personal revelation through dreams. What were YOU doing?" --Himmer and Myself

Feb 3 Fast Sunday

Awesome, awesome day today. We had mission conference and I had the powerful revelation that I needed to ditch concerns about marriage and school and just dive into missionary work. The talks were beautiful and I felt the spirit incredibly strongly during all the songs. I've noticed that here music always brings a huge outpouring of the Spirit. It's an incredible blessing. The MTC is like the Savior giving you a huge basket of loaves and fishes. You go out into the world to give them away and they multiply even as you share. It's incredible how much I'm learning about myself and Christ and the Sprit. I love the learning. There's tough stuff too but it's an amazing place. Love you!

2/4 Monday

Super Busy. Long tiring day. I learned a ton but I'm falling behind in my letter writing. Elders Bingham and Huh went to the hospital today but he's fine. They got to talk to non-memebers. Luckeeeeee. Love you tons.

2/5 Tuesday

We got up very early and did laundry, then wrote letters all morning. I love all of you so much! i miss your beautiful faces but I feel your wonderful spirits every day. Jesus Christ is my savior. A modern prophet leads the church. I feel so loved.

Love, Elder Mumford

No comments:

Post a Comment