Monday, March 4, 2013

Guinea Pigs of the Chosen Generation


Feb 20 Wednesday

Its been a wonderful day.  We had a good lesson with Brother Baek, super fun.  He is thinking about baptism and praying and reading the BoM.  I love it.  I cant wait to be in Korea.  Today my companion caught 5 gummy bears in his mouth in 5 seconds while counting them in Korean.  It was incredible. We got to be the class that gets demonstrated on by a supervisor for other teachers.  It was a sweet lesson. The spirit was there.  Also, Elder Mills and Elder Brewer and going to be my homies when I get home.  Both love good music and skiing.  Plus they have strong testimonies. I love you tons. Your letters mean tons to me.

Feb 21st Thursday

So today I was very happy to know that my Mom isn’t blind but is actually OK.  Thanks Momma.  Tell me what you learn.  I feel super bad for you and I’m praying for you!  Today produced such gems as “You are the guinea pigs of the chosen generation.” --Bro Sung and “I’m gonna be brother Sung’s oppa” –Elder Westbrook.  Also Elder Westbrook screaming with agony as his chalk burst in half in the middle of a [something indecipherable] tense match.  Also questioning the authenticity of Sister Baek’s Korean race when he beat her at a game of it. We had a beautiful day. D&C 50:13-22 is awesome.  Teach and be taught.  We are only facilitators of learning.

Feb 22 Friday

I had a super fun day today. Class was good. I learned how to adjectivize verbs. Also I practiced street contacting in Korean. It’s a tad sketchy.  So today Elder Westbrook gave Brother Sung a hug, but before you hear what he said you must understand the love that he has for that man. His favorite phrase is, “How money is Brother Sung?” So then as he was hugging Bro Sung, he said “This just feels so right!”  His love for Brother Sung is pretty hilarious.  Also as we were making fun of him because girls sisters say hi to him all the time. He kept denying the fact and then a sister walks around the corner and says, “Hola!” in a very happy way, pointedly directed at Elder Westbrook.  No comeback after that.  Also Brother Sung accidentally called Elder Richardson Elder Rice.  Which is funny because his companion is Elder Eccles.  So Rice-Eccles stadium.  And then he accidentally called me Elder Westbrook and got sad and wanted to go home.  But we love him lots. He is way spiritual.  I love all your letters and all of you! 1st Nephi 11 – 13 is some of the greatest of the Book fo Mormon.  I love Jesus Christ and I love all of you.

2/23

The month is upon us.  Pretty weird.  I feel like I should know a lot more and yet I’ve learned a lot.  I fell tons of love from my district.  Me and my companion went through a little rough patch today and we’re still figuring it out.  We taught an amazing TRC lesson today.  TRC is where you teach volunteers.  We taught a Master’s degree student from the Y.  We asked if he’d ever read the BoM and how he’d been blessed.  He told us that he wasn’t LDS and that he had never read the BoM.  We shared our favorite scriptures and testified of the truth of the BoM.  We then invited him to read and pray about it every day and promised he would be blessed.  He said he would and we closed with a prayer.  He told us he was actually LDS but that the spirit had been strong and he was recommitted to reading and praying.  It was a sweet experience. I love you all lots. Read pray obey.

2/24

So today the older transfer leaves.  I love them! And I’m going to miss them. They are way cool Elders.  I’ll see some soon.  I inherited the inspiring quote board and a beautiful nativity scene.  I am stoked to go.  Now is when things feel more and more real.  Devotional was wonderful.  I felt that I can be a more loving leader.  I love all of you.  I know I’m doing what I need to be doing.  Just took pics with all the Koreans.

2/26

Some of my letters may be longer than others.  Tonight Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke to us.  His conviction and humility were very apparent.  I know Jesus is the Christ.  I know that this is His restored church.  The scriptures are true. God loves us.  Eternal happiness now and forever is attainable through faith in Christ, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the End.  Everything we need is right here for us.  We need only to look to Christ and be saved.  I love him with all my heart.  I will serve Him until I die.  I testify that there is no other way back to God than Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment